As the weather warms up and schools let out for the summer, you may be searching for daytime activities for your children. There are so many options available, it can sometimes be overwhelming to choose. Whether you have a currently registered dancer/dancers in your home or your child loves to dance socially, summer dance camp is a wonderful choice for both boys and girls. With a variety of benefits: physical, mental, and social (we’ve listed five benefits below)…why not register for camp today?
1. Improved Learning Skills: Your child will develop the ability to focus and understand the concept of discipline. These skills learned through dance will carry into all areas of life, including both home and school settings. These educational skills learned and practiced in summer camp will stick with your child as he or she enters the new school year, and will lead to an improved academic performance!
2. Beat Summer Boredom! While many children look forward to summer all year long, without a daytime activity, the days can tend to drag on. Summer dance camps provide a variety of fun for children as they learn new moves, play fun games, and develop creativity.
3. Improved Social Skills: Summer dance camp is the perfect place for your children to make new friends. As your child gains self confidence, he/she will also become more comfortable meeting new people and building relationships. As children learn new dancing skills and choreography together, they learn to work as a team. Additionally, more reserved children can learn to overcome shyness and stage fright through fun performances often held at the conclusion of a camp session.
4. Improved Physical Health: Dance is a form of aerobic activity; it is a sure way to keep your child moving and grooving for an extended period of time. Regular dance practice can also increase your child’s flexibility, range of motion, physical strength and stamina. Enrolling in a summer dance camp provides your children with an opportunity to improve their balance and coordination, and it is a great way for them to begin developing healthy habits and healthy hearts!
5. Improved Self-Confidence: Dance provides children with an outlet for self expression. Learning to express their feelings in a new way provides opportunity for improved self esteem. As children master new dance skills and become more aware of how their bodies work and move, they will gain a sense of accomplishment. The pride that comes with achievement prompts children to feel more confident in themselves! The confidence found in dancing is something that often sticks with children through out their entire lives.
Elan Dance Arts (EDA) offers dancers a new level of dance training through programs that are not offered anywhere else in the city. Starting from ages 2.5 to adults whether it’s for certified examinations or simply for health, fun and recreation, we’re the studio for you! EDA is the only ADAPT certified studio in the SouthWestern Ontario area. We specialize in educating students using the distinguished Associated Dance Arts for Professional Teachers (ADAPT) syllabus created by Brian Foley, one of Canada’s most renowned dance teachers, directors and choreographers. ADAPT offers yearly examinations in the dance disciplines of Tap and Jazz. The syllabus teaches a strong solid technical foundation, along with artistic expression preparing students to enter the dance profession. At EDA we strongly believe that Dance as an art form is one of the most beautiful and exciting experiences one can have in life. We are highly devoted and dedicated to the process of the development and popularization of dance activities among people of all ages. We are also fully committed to providing our students with the highest level of education.